Cross-selling may lack some of the excitement of landing a new client, but bottom line, it’s more profitable.
What percentage of business development resources (time, materials, budget) does your company devote to marketing strategies that build customer relationships vs. landing new clients?
To build customer relationships and grow profitably, design and implement B2B, B2C, and B2G marketing strategies that specifically target your current clients —both listening and responding to their further needs.
- Design a structured, ongoing program to monitor, analyze, and address what your clients want and how their needs are evolving
- Hold post-project debriefings—your team reviews all aspects with the client
- Conduct routine surveys/questionnaires
- Host informal discussion groups with clients and/or create an online private community
- Schedule client presentations—ask clients to present to your team about their company/industry
- Facilitate user groups—gain feedback from clients who use a specific service/product
- Senior management outreach—your executive visits the client and hosts them for lunch/dinner
- Attend industry meetings with clients
- Encourage comments and suggestions on your blogs, web sites, and social media
- Invite clients to write “guest blog” entries
Want to design and implement B2B, B2C, or B2G marketing strategies to build customer relationships? We invite you to connect with us.